Monday, May 18, 2009

My friend Dorris asked me if I would attend the Parents association meeting for the kindergarten. She is the president and I wanted to support her, so I decided to go and have a free german lesson. Little did I know that they were filling positions for the next year. Not that many were in attendance and well...let's just say that they wrangled me into being the treasurer. How did that happen? I do know how to say no in German....NEIN! I explained that I didn't feel comfortable with the language barrier. But they proceeded to discuss the position for about 30 minutes and whether or not I could do it. I really just wanted to go home. I finally reluctantly accepted, partly to move on with the meeting, and because it was getting pretty ridiculous.
I just wanted to say.....don't you need a piano player for something.
So, I am not comfortable with the position, but at least it will push me into learning more vocab.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh no! I hate being sucked into things like that... But I'm sure you will do a great job!

Johanna said...

That should be pretty interesting. My French was so bad nobody would have even suggested such a thing :)

Christie said...

oh dear.... yeah, that is troubling. It will be great for your german tho.

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive