Micah started school on Monday. He was so excited that he was counting the days for the last week. Frankly, I was too.
In Germany the kids receive a cone shaped candy filled container. Last year Micah was disappointed to he didn't receive a "Schultuete" like the German kids in town. So this year Sadie and I filled one while he was in school and brought it to the bus. Of course, Sadie got one too.
I am excited for the new year and for Micah's new teacher, Mr Goodier. He is fun but also serious about teaching. He doesn't assign written homework, only 15 minutes of ready. The kids also need to be ready for a spelling test and timed math tests weekly. It is up to the parents, how much they think their kids need to study....nice....no busy work. He also seems to focus a lot on science...my favorite.....I think it is going to be a great year.
Micah is also going to start soccer for the first time this thursday. I have been dragging my feet on this one, because I haven't wanted to be a soccer mom....but it is time for him to gain some confidence by being on a team.
We are going to continue with piano too. It is going okay with me teaching him. I keep threatening him, that if he doesn't listen to me, that I am going to send him to a German piano teacher in town. That motivates him pretty well. It would motivate me too...scary.
1 comment:
LOL The german piano teacher.... scary!! Sounds like he has a good teacher. :-)
Post a Comment