Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Time


Taylor is in the background collecting the nuts.






The nut pile.

We have a Hazelnut tree in our front yard. I knew about, but the kids discovered it today. Now that the snow is gone, the nuts from last fall are exposed and are still in piles ready for eating. Sadie taught Taylor how to use a rock to crack them open and they both collected a large pile and got busy crushing them. They did pretty good at it and after little while they had a cup full of nuts. Of course, they didn't eat them, but brought them to me as a gift.

While they were busy, I had the front door open, so I could keep an eye on them. The piano is near the door, so I decided to teach Micah a piano lesson, while they were distracted. I thought to myself, this is one of those successful mommy moments. Two kids playing outside, one inside expanding his talents. I even thought, "take a look at this German neighbors," as a couple walked in front of my house, "I have things under control," I thought........

Then Taylor accidently smashed Sadie's fingers with his rock. She started screaming. So did he. While I was comforting two unhappy children, Micah bolted for the toy room.

Moment over.....

oh well.....

5 comments:

Jenni said...

It was a good moment though even if craziness ensued after!:)I love it when the kids can play outside - how lovely spring is!

jbel said...

hilarious!

at least u managed 2 get the piano lesson done b4 the mayhem!

Christie said...

Good job mommy... You created the moment... no one ever says created the 1/2 hour... just the moment right?

Deb said...

yes, those successful moments seem to be just that: brief moments in the midst of the normal chaos. i hope someday, the moments stand out more than all the rest!

Cami said...

Can you really eat them?

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive