1. We regained confidence in taking the trains. Ever since we boarded a train with the children three years ago and it was headed to a soccer game in Kaiserslautern, I have feared public transportation. This time around we were reminded that public transportation really is a safe way to travel, most of the time.
2. Croissants in France are really better than the ones here in Germany, even though we are only a half of an hour from the boarder. That 30 minutes makes a difference.
3. Spain food isn't really that good.
4. French food tastes even better after eating Spain food for two weeks. I am still day dreaming about the pasta we bought on the train. I have named it "train pasta." It was the best pasta I have ever eaten and the best 20 Euro I have ever spent.
5. Spanish and French woman seem to dress better and take better care of their appearance than those in this country. Is that snobby to say? I realized that I have "let myself go" a bit while being in Germany. I felt a bit frumpy across the border in my typical mommy attire. Maybe it is just because they are French and the reputation that comes with it? I saw several woman wearing borderline tacking attire (hot pink tights with a mini-skirt and plaid shoes for example) and when they opened their mouths and French came out......I found myself thinking, "oh they are French, it works."
6. I think that I might have learned the wrong language. I can't stop thinking about that pasta. I don't even know how to say pasta in French or any of the numbers after 1-3.....
5 comments:
Wow that first picture looks like a painting! Oh how I want a French croissant right now!!:)
Gorgeous picture. You need to make the run to France more often. I've never felt as frumpy as I did in Spain and France, and I've never eaten better than I did in France. I'm excited to move to DC just so I can wear fun tights like they wore in Spain.
I even got snobby about which boulangerie's I would buy croissant's from in France. Next time try a croissant aux amandes...heaven!
maybe you should just learn french, then you can wear whatever you want and eat tons of that pasta and not worry about the consequences! :)
We so need to come and visit. Brent will speak french for you and get you your French Pasta! :-) I know enough french that I think I may be able to get away with some wild clothes. :-) I'm gonna try that. LOL Oh and I LOVE taylors excited face!! Too cute
Post a Comment