Sunday, May 29, 2011

Second to the last trip

Can you guess where we went last weekend? Our original plans were to see some tulips, but apparently they bloomed and died early this year. Other things that we saw included, the Vincent Van Gogh museum. Micah was surprised and impressed to actually see "original paintings?" from the artist himself. I think my kids would recognize any of his paintings after the experience.

We also floated by Anne Franks house on the many canals of its capital city. We took a trip to the home town of Corrie Ten Boom and saw her house (the author of the Hiding Place). We tried the beach, again, but were blown off by the fierce winds (we are not having luck with our beach trips out here) and landed in a park that was dangerous by American standards, but fun for all, including Mom and Dad. Many of the rides were self-propelled, or parent propelled. We all got our exercise. Taylor informed some friendly locals that he "doesn't speak Spanish, you know." I got laughed at by some other kids, when I tried to speak to them in German. I guess German isn't as close to their native tongue as I thought. I should have learned the phrase "don't cut in line, kiddo!" before coming to this country. (Well, actually that would be great in any language.)

Any guesses?

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay! Amsterdam is so cool! And yay to the Van Gogh Museum! Taylor telling people he didn't speak Spanish made me laugh!:)

Corinne said...

OH MAN is Amsterdam on my list of places I MUST go before I die. I've wanted to visit ever since I read the Diary of Anne Frank when I was in middle school :) AWESOME for you!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive