We made it here to Germany! After months of preparing we are finally at our destination. It was stressful all the way up until we boarded the plane. (We stood in the wrong line for an hour! yikes) Once on board the only thing we could do is sit back, relax and pray the kids fell asleep, which they did. Greg and I could actually watch the movie. The flight was one hour shorter than we thought and seemed to go quite fast.
When we arrived our ride had fallen through. It took 7 hours to fly across the Atlantic and ended up taking 8 hours to get to our hotel. The kids did great though. I think they handled it better than we did. Since we have been here before we knew the routine. We grabbed some food from the hosptial PX and walked around the hospital gettin reaquainted. By 7pm we nearly crawled into bed were we stayed for 14 hours. Yes, the kids slept the whole time.
Today we are still tired but walked to the library were we have internet connection, books and toys to play with. We are glad to be here.
I forgot my camera at the hotel so I will update with pictures at our next library visit.
8 years ago
6 comments:
I am so glad guys made it there safely! I can't believe it took you that long to get to the hotel; that's just crazy.
Good luck with the house search and everything!
Oh, so glad to hear you've arrived safely. I truly feel that the Lord blesses us with sleepy compliant children when we travel ;-) Thanks for blogging to let us know how you are
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you are gone, but it's great that you made it! Ugh, it doesn't sound like a fun trip. can't wait for pictures.
I'm so glad you had such a good flight with sleeping children and all - yay!! I can't wait to see pictures!! Best wishes for the house hunting!!
Oh, too bad everything didn't go smoothly, but that's great your kids adjusted well. So glad you're there safely. Good luck with everything. We'll miss your great family. Can't wait to see pictures!
How have I not known about this blog until now? It was so great to see you guys at the lake. Enjoy Germany! We love you.
Post a Comment