Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We have been here for two weeks and I have barely had a chance to respond to emails and have only posted once. As you can probably tell, internet access is limited and I am finding it difficult to manage the kids while typing, since the only place I can check email is at the library. Taylor manages to de-shelve all of the books before I can finish any email.

A lot has happened. Greg and I both got our licences and have been driving on the Autobahn (not as cool as it sounds). We spent most of last week house hunting and found two houses we were interested in. Greg wanted the larger, nicer, home farther away from work and school. I debated for the older, less nice house, close to everything. In the end Greg convinced me and now we have a contract for a beautiful home with a great view, out in a small village in the country. We are excited to move in. Our stuff arrives on the 11th, until then we will be in the temporary housing. The place is large with enough room for visitors. So get your plane tickets.

Micah starts school tomorrow. We registered him today, although the first day of school was monday (you can't start school until you have a home.) The school is conveniently located next the hospital where Greg will be working. Since our hotel is so close we will be able to walk. When we move into the house, we will have a 20 minute drive to school, which convinces me that the bus might not be a bad idea. I had been nervous up to this point about the bus, but I am feeling better about it. We will see what it is like and get a feel for it.

I am going to try to respond to personal emails and notes as soon as I can. I have been getting to the computer about twice a week. Once we have a home, we will get internet access at the house. Thanks for all of your nice emails!

2 comments:

Christie said...

I've been wondering about you guys and how you are. Glad to hear that you have a home.

Tracy said...

Oh, I vote with Greg for the nice big house. Can't wait to see pictures! So glad everything is working out for you.

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive