Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's my party, I can cry if I want to


...you would cry too, if you were getting your 1 year old molars. Today we are celebrating Taylor's first birthday. I can't believe the year has gone by so fast. I am kind-of grateful really. That first year is always a toughy. We started the day pretty early in the morning and went to Kaufland to get him a present, since we didn't have anything for him. He picked out a cool plastic truck that he can push around the hotel room. After lunch we had a chocolate cake, which we enthusiastically smeared all over himself. First birthdays are so much fun.

An update about Taylor


1. He is walking very confidently and likes to climb too. We have found him standing on tables and in drawers.


2. He is finally sleeping through the night from 8pm to 7 am! Yahoo!


3. He eats more than my other two children. Sometimes I forget to feed him. If he is cranky, is it likely that his tummer is growling.


4. Favorite foods include: bananas, oatmeal and chicken nuggets.


5. He is communicating quite well. He points and says "da" when we wants something, which is much better than the shreak from a couple of weeks ago.


6. He shakes his head no and waves bye, bye.


7. His favorite thing to do is push whatever he can find around the room. Chairs, books, his stroller and balls are some of his favorite things.


8. He has eight teeth and getting two more.


9. More food going into the the belly=more going out. We change a lot of diapers around here.


10. Stairs are fascinating to him. He will love our new house it is full of them!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday! What a cutie. He has a ton of teeth! My kids always got them so late. So glad he has a good appetite! Can't wait to see pics of your new house!

Cami said...

I can't believe he's one!! Crazy. What a cute kid.

Christie said...

Aw, happy birthday! That year went by SO fast! It really scares me to think of how quickly time passes

Brenda said...

Wow, where did the time go? And he looks sooo big since last time I saw him. Has it really been that long??
He's so cute. I finally threw a binky of his away the other day that I have had forever! (:

Deb said...

hi nicole! i found you! :)

he and samuel would get along so well, the climbing, the stairs... so fun. i wish samuel would move past the shrieking phase though.

i can't believe taylor's already a year old! and walking and talking! amazing!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive