Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In the Army

I often forget that we are Army folk. I manage to go about my life without noticing or thinking about the fact that my husband is a soldier. Every now and then I get reminders, like when Greg brought home a bullet proof vest last week. I had another reminder yesterday after I lost my I.D.

If you know me at all, you might have noticed that I have a difficult time keeping track of my personal items. Many of the things that have become lost are retrieved again (iPod, credit card, laptop computer, car keys). I usually don't stress out too much about misplacing things, because they always show up again. It is very rare when something is lost forever. Yesterday was one of those times. On the way to the park my I.D somehow fell out of my hands, purse, or where ever it was I put it. Since you have to show your I.D for everything around here I noticed quickly and couldn't leave post, because I wouldn't be able to get back on.

Losing your ID is very serious. Here is what you have to do get a new one.
Drive to the MP (yes military police) station. Make a statement to an MP officer, answering the where's, when's, why's and how's your I.D got lost. I had to prove that I actually looked for it and estimate the time and place it was lost. I had to take with me an official document that said I can have a new one. Drive across town to the ID office. Get my new I.D. On tuesday I have to take a CLASS on how to not lose your I.D. I can't wait to see what other losers will be there.

I have learned my lesson.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

That is so funny! I can't believe there is a whole class! Hope it goes quickly:)

germanjules said...

oh, i'm so curious about where you are and what you are doing, but you don't have to post it on your blog...it all sounds so much fun, to be in Germany again...
julie stafford

Brenda said...

Hey! I have been meaning to check out your blog, but I am just barely getting into the swing of things again after our crazy long vacation! Anyway, sounds like you made it and things are going well. Sorry about your ID!!! What a bummer.
We sure miss you guys!

Christie said...

HOLY COW!!! A class!! LOL too funny! Good luck with that. I am so glad they didn't make me do that when I lost mine a few weeks ago.

Cami said...

No way! That is horrible. I hate that you have to tell how you lost it. How humiliating.

Tracy said...

Oh, what a lesson to learn. You need to get one of those ID holders and just keep it around your neck at all times!

Mendy said...

I can't believe you have to take a class on how not to lose your ID. I would be in that class often; I am always losing things. I just don't have time to pay attention to where I put them, you know?

Good luck with the housing. I am dying to know if you've met my friend, Melodie.

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive