After doing nearly 15 loads of laundry and abandoning our luggage, we moved down the hall. We had hoped this would solve the problem. Greg, Micah and I are nearly healed (Taylor didn't get any bites), but Sadie appears to have more bites even after the room change. The hotel offered to find another room this time off post. Looks like there is more laundary in the near future.
It is the weekend and we are preparing to move into our new place on thursday. We are on the hunt for baby gates (they are sold out at the BX) and are day dreaming about were to put our funiture when it arrives. Aside from being itchy and worrying about our new bed mates, we are happy and doing well. Micah loves school and has already made friends. He is excited to ride the bus and has already figured out who will be on the bus with him. Sadie's birthday is in 10 days and is already planning her party. She has made two new friends at church, who we will probably invite to attend. I got a haircut from a German stylist (got to work on my hair vocab) and am feeling better now that my locks are tamed. (A good haircut always makes things better) Part of Greg's inprocessing included taking German classes.
8 years ago
11 comments:
A good haircut DOES make things better! I'm so sorry about the bugs. That is HORRIBLE!
Oh, come back and get away from those bugs! At least your hair looks good. Where's the pics?
i'm sure you're counting the days till the end of the bed bugs! yikes!
and seriously, life is so much better after a haircut. i always wonder if i'm shallow, feeling that way, but it's so true.
Ooh, yes, you must post pictures of your haircut. It's amazing what such a small change can do.
I hope those bugs don't follow you guys. That's the weirdest thing. I didn't know bedbugs existed outside of nightly dismissals.
Whe you get in the house you'll have to show pictures of that, too. How exciting.
One of my favorite things in life is a new haircut! Good luck improving your hair vocab.
I'm so sorry about all that bed bug business. Not fun!
I would definitely turn OCD in the face of bed bugs! I so hope that the itching stops soon! I want to see the new do too! Happy haircuts make a huge difference!!:)
So sorry about the bugs! Why does a good haircut always make things a little better? I am excited for you to get into your new place. My military ID is a favorite toy around here, but after hearing about the class, I am going to be more careful! I wonder if they have one of those classes here.
Hi Nicole, just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm lurking on your blog. I hope things continue to move toward the new normal and that you have only two-legged creatures living with you sooner rather than later!
ew! that's so not fair! after all the travel, transition, and limbo you guys deserve a huge lovely house in the country. it sounds beautiful. I cannot wait to see pics. Post 'em as soon as you can.
totally agree with your comment about hair!
Micah is huge. he's such a boy. Wow! we're glad you made it safely and that the kids did so well on the trip and after.
Did you finally get rid of all the bed bugs? What a pain!
I'm anxious to hear about your kids school and how things are going! We are still missing you!
I miss you! I hope you get settled soon!
Post a Comment