Tuesday, October 28, 2008

An announcement




So, I was chatting with a friend who lived in Germany (Amy Parish) and she made the comment, 'everyone comes home with either a new baby, or a hutch.......and I came home with both." I remember thinking, I don't want to come home with either one. Both a large piece of furniture and a fourth child sound like why too much committment for now.

Well.....the hutch is being delivered this thursday and I can't wait. I now know why people buy those things.....Germans don't believe in kitchen cabinets. My dishes are piled up on the window sills. Can't wait to have a place for everything.

weight: a couple hundred pounds at least
height: big enough for all my dishes
color: dark brown
arriving: thursday 10/30/08 between 12:30 and 1:00

Pictures will soon follow....

8 comments:

Christie said...

LOL, I loved this Nicole. You had me on the edge, wondering which one you were getting :-) So funny. I hope that the hutch arrives safely and that your dishes will love their new home. :-)

Jen said...

Oooh, that's really exciting. I've always wanted a hutch, and that's nice you at least have an excuse for getting one. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Cami said...

cool! I actually somehow have 2 hutches. On has the TV on it and the other some books and pictures. Apparently I don't believe in dishes. Silly. I really thought you were getting the baby. :)

Brenda said...

Oh, you trickster!!
Congrats on your hutch, I guess... (: Can't wait to see pictures.

Mechelle said...

Congrats on the hutch! Don't rule the baby out yet, j/k.

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness, I so thought you were going to say you were pregnant!!:) I am excited for your new delivery though!! You'll have to post pics!:)

Tracy said...

Oh, I thought there was a bun in the oven. I'd like a hutch too! If you have room, stick one in your suitcase when you come back.

Melodie said...

Congratulations on the new arrival! :) After talking with you at church today I found you from Mendy's sidebar. Your blog is great, and look -- now you have eight comments on this post!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive