Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bechhofen home sweet home

Here are some pictures of our house.




The view from our bedroom window located on the top floor which is in the attic. This is taken from the skylight on the ceiling. There are windmills in the distance, which you can't see because of the clouds.







Taylor climbing down the stairs of death. He is getting much better, but we have two enormous baby gates to help put our minds at ease. While typing this email, I found him on the left side of the handrail on the unprotected portion of stairs, which are a foot wide. The basement is 8 feet below. I am thanking my lucky stairs he didn't fall.


Pictures of the front of our house. It is a duplex, so we share a backyard with our neighbors, who are also in the military.



8 comments:

Jen said...

Everything's so green! It's really pretty, and the house looks really nice. Those really are stairs of death. Yikes.

Jenni said...

Your house looks great! I love the view from your bedroom window! So glad to hear you are getting all settled!

Christie said...

Looks like a nice place. I always pictured housing in germany to be much tighter. so glad you guys are getting settled. Good luck with those crazy stairs!

Tracy said...

Those stairs are very pretty, too bad they could cause serious injury to toddlers. Your view and home look gorgeous!

germanjules said...

ok so now I'm totally jealous!!!! i just looked up where you live and it is in my mission! and you live near one of my favorite areas...where do you go to church and have you seen my cousin Rick yet? oh!!! how exciting!!! live it up for me!
julie s.

Brenda said...

Hey! I guess I missed a few posts. You just slipped those in! I'm so glad that you finally got a house and the internet! We were wondering about you guys. No more bed bugs? Hope that is all taken care of.
Sounds like you are having a great time and your house is beautiful!

Deb said...

what a gorgeous view! and those ARE stairs of death! yes, i'd have baby gates too. good luck, taylor!

Cami said...

Cute! And seriously scary about the stairs. Wow. Good luck with that.

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive