Saturday, December 27, 2008

Speyer

We hit the road again today to check out some local sights. Next on the list of places we wanted to go was Speyer, a town about a hour away. There is a lot to do there, but we narrowed the choices to the Technical Museum and the Cathedral. The ride went smootly, since we found a new book to listen too, InkHeart. Traveling is half the fun of the trip!



When we arrived to the Museum, we could see that is was going to be fun for the kids. There was plenty to see and lots to do. The only problem is that most of the fun stuff was outside and it was about 32 degrees, one of the downfalls of winter travel. BUT, there weren't any crowds or lines to fight. We alternated going inside to warm up and them braving the outdoor cold weather.

The slide down from the 747. Greg and Micah slid down. I chose the stairs.





Inside the gallary.



Taylor preferred organizing his rocks.





Inside one of the helicoptors.




We wore Taylor out.






5 comments:

Christie said...

Looks like a blast! Do you think you'll go back when it is warmer?

Cami said...

That slide looks pretty crazy! How fun.

taylia said...

What a cute family. We miss you...maybe we will take a vacation to Germany and come see you...

Jen said...

I think I would've taken the slide too . . . after I'd taken Dramamine. That looks so fun! You guys have gotten to do/see some really neat things. And go swimming in December--it doesn't get any better than that.

Jenni said...

Whoa, that slide looks nuts!! That looks like such a cool museum though - I know my hubby would love it!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive