Sunday, October 4, 2009

Attention to Detail


This is Greg. I am unwillingly bound by my occupation to pay attention to minute details. Here's a great example: Yesterday I was watching the kids while Nic had some errands to attend to. I was in the kitchen and noticed Taylor by the front door intermittently glancing at me while testing the door handle. With ease, I figured that he had intentions of trying to get outside. Next, Micah was looking for paper to make a snowflake, and it was a simple task for me to remember where I had noticed paper lying around that he could use. Sadie was third, and she was looking for a toy that she had misplaced. Searching through my databanks of "Lost Toys", I was able to point her in the right direction. Then, I noticed a draft in the house. Easy. A window must be open. Shortly thereafter, I heard the huffing and puffing of a 2 year old boy coming b ack through the open front door (oh... not a window). Hmmm... Taylor clearly had negotiated his way outside. I brought him back inside and locked the door and told him that Daddy needs to be outside with him while he plays in the front yard. Later that day we took a trip to the park. After we had gone out the door, to the street, down the sidewalk, to the top of the very steep stairs, I noticed Taylor's little blue bike sitting there... aimed to be ridden down the stairs... hmmmm.... that little piece of minutia was a little disconcerting...

3 comments:

Christie said...

Oh dear. That would have been seriously tragic!

Tracy said...

Like my mom always said -- You have to watch them every minute! They're slippery little suckers!

Amy said...

That's funny - I can just see the look on your face!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive