My first two kids made it through their infancy without a binky addiction, not my third. He slept so well with his little soother, we didn't take it away. Now he is over 2 years old and still loves those things. We just put him in his bed, hand him a blanky and his pacy. Usually he wave good night and lays down to go to sleep without a peep. Well.....it is time to move on.
And I am a flake....a weakling.
I cut the tip off of one of his binkies the other day. He noticed immediately and declared "yucky binky, broken binky, fix it now!" throwing his pacifier back to me. On the way to bed I handed it to him again and explained that it was time for him to be a big boy. Unfortunately, I failed to noticed another binky in his bed. He sure noticed it. Okay......attempt failed. Next time I need to search the house to find all the binkies.
Now we are down one binky and only have one that "works." I just put him down for his nap and could not find his binky. I put him to bed with the "broken" one and again he said, "fix it now!" I explained the other binky was lost. I suggested he try sucking on his blankie.
Well, he is now in his bed moaning...."binky, binky, binky," and I am currently looking for that silly thing.
I am so weak.
8 years ago
12 comments:
LOL Be strong. Oh I love soothers. They are so wonderful. I absolutely hate saying goodbye to them. We warned our kids that their soothers were going to break when they got too big. Poor little guy. Growing up is rough.
It's not being weak -- it's staying sane! I know it's so nice when they sleep without drama. Good luck to you. Don't stress. And just think, he won't be going to his prom with his binkie, so it'll end!
I loved getting caught up...we are up and running again thank goodness. Your family is so cute! I just came across of some premarried pics of the ward. We had a good laugh! You are a great Mom I can tell and Greg is awesome too. Who would of thought coming from the days of YMCA water aerobics :)
Oh this is something I don't look forward to. Duncan gets his binky all the time. I guess it isn't good past a certain age. I would try telling him another baby you know needs one and see if he would willingly give it up.
Yeah, my boys were 4 when we finally got rid of them. It's nice to have a thumb sucker for once.
After a day or two, it will be over, hold strong!! (:
I am so not looking forward to that day - james loves his binky too!
let him keep it if it makes both your lives easier!
if u r really wanting to rid yourselves of it though, I saw a friend post a cute idea on her blog.
They made a binky box and put the bink in it to "go to bed" every time the kid went to bed. Binky's bed was the box and soon the box disappeared with binky. (They decorated it with markers and stickers.)
oh, i hear you. samuel's still clinging to his "um." we have reduced his usage to sleeping, but i'm too much of a chicken to take it the next step.
Hey Nicole! It's your long-lost hairdresser! How are you doing? I found your blog through Christie's. Your hair looks cute! My family blog is private, but I can give you an invite if I can get your email. You can leave it in the comments on my beware of flying peas blog, or I'll come back here to look for it Ü
Have a great day!
Holly, I am glad you found me. It will be fun to keep in touch through blogging. Please invite me. nic_leo74@hotmail.com. How is your husband's residency going?
Wow the cutting off the tip thing totally worked for Ben and he just slept with the handles for the next 2 years!:) Your little guy is more savvy! Stay strong. Soon I'm sure he'll get over it! (hopefully :))
Post a Comment