When I was a new mom, all illnesses stressed me out. I kept kids home, with the slightest cough, and avoided all contact with others who looked sick too. I worried that my kids were dying with the slightest fever. You could call me a germ-o-phob. Over the years, however, I have learned that life goes on, after illnesses.
We have experienced the usually boughts of the stomach flu, which at first sent me over the edge. I have taken care of three kids with the anual flu, being sick with a fever myself. Bed bugs....done that. We all survived. This week I am happy to announce that we made it through an infestation of head lice....and yes.....we lived.
I am hoping those little guys didn't.
Apparently, 25% of the student body at Landstuhl elementary experienced a similar infestation.
On sunday, Micah was scratching his head during church. With his head on my lap, I casually sifted through his hair. That is when I saw something scurry across his scalp. I caught it with my bare hands, put it on a hymn book and scooted it over to Greg. Later, he told me that he looked my way, and saw me red-faced and wide-eyed. His eyes got wide too. "Let the fun begin," he said. "We are leaving," I responded. I packed up the kids and went home to start the laundry.
Three movies and four bottles of medicated shampoo later, the spa night at the Jensen's ended.
Although, it took three days to catch up on the laundry and a few days to get over the intial scare of the discovery. At first, I thought I might need therapy, but now....
Bring it on.......we can do a anything........
but do I we really have to?
8 years ago
7 comments:
OH MY!! I handle illness rather well, but head lice... (shutters) I hope we NEVER encounter it... (scratching scalp) oh, it just makes me itchy to think about it. Way to go!!!
Ugh! I've been there and it was so horrible. Sophie had such long hair at the time and getting all the nits out was traumatizing for both of us. Good job on getting through it!
Nicole, you are awesome
oh no! this one, we have yet to face. here's hoping the little critters never return to the jensen family!
I love this entry as it totally shows real life. Way to go Nic...I think every family will encounter this some time or another and now I feel like I can conquer just like you :)
When did you have bed bugs? I still have nightmares from when we had them in France.
Oh MAN! No fun.
Post a Comment