Sunday, December 20, 2009

A lovely Visit from Scott and Doris


At the Heidelberg castle.


Scott and Doris made a trip to England for a friends wedding. They popped over to Germany for a long weekend. We got to show them a bit of our turf, catch up with Scott and get to know Doris. We had a fabulous time! The kids loved meeting their Aunt and Uncle. Micah is ready to learn Chinese and Sadie has decided that we are going to move to Hong Kong. I think we can manage a visit in the future.

We visited Heidelberg, Trier, and Cochem. We enjoyed lots of yummy food. I tried my first Flammkuchen with Scott, (I know it is a bit late in coming), brats and even Italien Ice Cream. Unfortunately, the Christmas markets were not open yet, and many castles had closed the weekend before for the winter. We managed to see the Heidelberg castle and the relatively new castle that overlooks Cochem. Although the Christmas Market in Trier was not officially open, many venders had set up schop. We also popped over to Karl Marx birth house, which I hadn't seen yet on our two other visits to Trier.

My favorite part, of course, was the nice visit from family.

2 comments:

acl said...

Yeah for family visits. We wish we could see Doris and scott and we wish we could see the Jensens and we wish we could see the Andersons and the Beards - why doesn't anyone want to come visit for Christmas??? I guess that is what happens when the family goes international, huh. ok fine but next year....

Jenni said...

Fun family visit! You have such great sites to show visitors - wish I could come spend a week with you!

I'd love to get your walnut pie recipe! My email is my blog's title at gmail.com.:)

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive