I recently discovered that I am one of those annoying people who like to receive gifts better than to give them. I started to suspect something while Christmas shopping and I kept wandering over to the furniture section of the BX. The shoes were looking appealing as well as the clothing.....I resisted purchasing, because I realize that buying your own presents and putting them under the tree is kind-of tacky. However, I did make a mental note of all the things that I wanted to purchase after the holidays.
So, it is after the holidays and my birthday is coming up. So, I am again looking around at all the things I "want." No birthday list for me, I prefer buying my own gifts.....how lame is that.
So, what should it be this year.....a new camera, a set of polish pottery, or a new kitchen table.....
decisions, decisions......
You know life must be good if this is the only thing that preoccupies my thoughts....
8 years ago
7 comments:
I am the same way!! I hate leaving my gifts up to chance. Thomas hates it, but I'm working on convincing him that it makes me so much happier!
Brent has learned to take a hint. I like to pick my own stuff too. :-) That way you get what you want... otherwise the money is wasted and you have you go out and buy what you want on top of the money spent on the gift!
Don't get a kitchen table for your birthday!! are you nuts... that passes as a house hold expense!
I Love buying my own gifts. T loves it to. I get what I want and he never has to play the guessing game. To add excitment and fun to it, he wraps them in a funny way or makes me hunt them down.
I love buying my own gifts- or I tell Justin exactly what I want. But I do prefer money or GC's. My bday is so soon after Christmas that I can get good deals. I used to buy all my perfum at Victoria Secrets for my bday because they always had a hug sale still going.
I vote for the Polish pottery FOR SURE
new kitchen table can come any time any where but the polish pottery ... when else could you/would you buy it?
Camera! That's the most fun. Jake sometimes thinks of really great gifts, but I usually give him ideas of things I want but would never buy for myself.
No way ...I LOVE buying and wrapping my own gifts and putting them under the tree....Jeff is always surprised when his name is under the FROM or better yet SANTA!
Post a Comment