Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Culture Shock

Believe it we are still experiencing culture shock. When we first arrived here in Germany it was worse and has gradually gotten better, but every now and then, something unusual jumps out at me.

My German neighbor commented on my bare feet the other day, while I was standing in the entry way. She said that walking around with cold feet is bad for your....."uh"....she pointed to her stomach. I filled in the word, "uterus?" She nodded her head. I had heard a similar wives tale about sitting on cold concrete, but never knew cold toes could also be a cause of uterine problems. I told her not to worry, that I was done with mine.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Cultural wives tales are hilarious. The feet are connected to the uterus? Good to know.

Christie said...

Weird! I go bare foot all the time, never had a problem w mine.

Jenni said...

Ha! I love what you told her!:)

Unknown said...

I can say very definitely that bare feet won't stop you from having kids....

Cami said...

HA! Yes, done using it, so cold feet away! I'm still experiencing culture shock here in my native Utah, so I guess it takes a while. :)

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive