Last week was a snow week. It was also my birthday week. It is not too often that they coincide together. But, this year I was reminded that my birthday is in the winter.
The original plan was to drive across the border to France. Greg had the day off and had arranged for a babysitter. I had heard about a pottery factory that I wanted to visit, so we decided to make a day of it. I looked forward to the day weeks in advance and thought that the weather would certainly change before the big day.
It didn't. We canceled the babysitter and decided to stay locally. We would go to the BX and then out for lunch.
I was happy to hear the rain on the roof the night before and it rained all night. However, it takes more than one night to wash away a weeks worth of accumulated snow. A foot of snow turned into a foot of slush and we were stuck inside.
So, plan C. Walk the German grocery store for ingredients for my birthday cake. Download "Pride and Prejudice" from iTunes and start my sewing project my friend sent me in the mail. Not a bad third plan. Greg took care of the kids, picking them up from the bus and school when the time came. I had uninterrupted hobby time. It made for a nice day.
8 years ago
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Silly weather...how dare it not cooperate. Sheesh! :) Glad you still had a nice day. Loves!
Sorry you missed France. I see you being positive but I know that craft time and France are no where near the same. Here's to hoping that you get your birthday a little late. :-) Happy Birthday
Sad, sad, sad France interruption, but honestly I can think of few things as wonderful as uninterrupted Pride & Prejudice craftiness. I'm glad you had a nice birthday.
I'm sorry your original plans didn't work out, but sounds like you made the best of it! A Pride and Prejudice birthday doesn't sound bad to me!:)
It sounds like you are ready with plans! I would have given up and stomped around, probably. Glad you had a good time anyway, and now you can do plans A and B for no reason on another day!
Post a Comment