Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter

The Easter preparations were put off until the last minute this year. The week before was so busy, that I hadn't had a chance to shop until Saturday. By then all the German stores were closed. My schedule was so tight, that I didn't have the time to run to the commissary. So we were left to the mercies of the Hospital gift shop. Most of the candy was sold out. I found a stash of Peeps and Sour patch Bunnies. There were plenty of books. I grabbed each kid a book and some crayons and called it good.



We enjoyed a pleasant Easter this year. The weather was a little chilly, but we were simply happy it didn't snow. Greg took the kids out for a hunt for hard boiled eggs. No one really wanted to eat any, but the kids sure enjoyed hiding them over and over and taking turns finding.

Taylor was hopeful that he would discover something yummy on the inside of each egg. He spent several long minutes delicately peeling an egg, only to reveal yet another hidden cooked egg white. He then threw that egg down and reached for another. He was sure intent, and diligent and messy!


Taylor got a sip of Egg dye. I tried to keep him from it, but he was convinced that I was holding back on him. Later he snuck into the kitchen and helped himself. With a confused look on his face he approached me in the living room and told me "I drinked the soda."


After opening his Easter basket Micah said "I understand that there wasn't anything cool at the store. It is okay mom." However, his attitude changed once he finished the first few chapters of "How to Train a Dragon," which I slipped into his Easter loot. Easter changed from "nothing cool," to the "best ever." He now wants entire series. I understand there are 7 books total?


3 comments:

Cami said...

Yikes! A whole series! That is fun though. Maybe I should get it for Jeffy. He's in desperate need of books.

Christie said...

Wow, maybe I should get them for Alex... he needs to "get into" something. Looks like you pulled it off well

Julia said...

Wow, your kids are getting so big!!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive