Sunday, August 15, 2010

Parenting blunders

Micah has been in Karate for a couple of months now. He is making great progress and enjoying the time in his class. Unfortunately, he tried his new moves on his sister a couple of times. After the second time, I told him I was going to tell his instructor, who would probably lecture him in front of the whole class.....you know the typical parenting threat.....

Little did I know, it sunk in, into his subconscious that is.......

While we where gone over the weekend, we got a wake-up phone call from Micah, who needed to tell us about a nightmare that he had. In his dream, he instructor kicked him out of his karate class, for yes....hitting his sister.....

If helps any, Micah.....we are saving up money for your therapy later on.

Also, Taylor has been confused by some of our parenting. He is an artist like any 3 year old can be. He draws on the floor, the rug, two couches, the wall, himself. I have had to hide the markers in the house. We have taught him over and over to only, "write on paper."

The other day, I had a creative bug and bought some window markers and did a German lesson using the window as a black board. I also, let the kids draw on the window. After, Taylor looked up at the window with a confused look on his face, pointed to the window and said, "momma, you don't draw on the window, you draw on paper....."

Ahhhh....I guess you are right Taylor.....

3 comments:

Christie said...

I bought those once..... I had the same trouble.. it confused the little ones. They are SO fun tho

Cami said...

Awesome! I wish Jane would get that picture. EVERY time I leave her drawing on paper, it ends up on the wall somehow anyway. She has her favorite "spots" that I keep having to wash. Sheesh!

Deb said...

that's why i don't buy those bathtub markers. i've never even heard of the window ones.

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive