Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paris

On top of the Eiffel tower.....


It rained off and on, but I think it added to the romance of the trip. Unfortunately, it did add to the poofiness of my hair....

Since we left the kids at home, there are a lot of pictures of just Greg and I.......

After two years of living in Germany, we hadn't made it to our neighboring country to visit Paris. Both Greg and I had a road block in our minds with the visit. It was probably the language, maybe the reputation of rude French people. We decided that we should visit the city on our own, to face our fears, without the stress of kids.

Greg arranged for a babysitter and we left Friday morning on a fast train, headed west. It took only two hours to arrive and we had most of the day on Friday and all of the day on Saturday.

We saw the Notre Dame, walked to the Louvre and decided not to go (I wasn't up for battling the crowds). We found a great restaurant and ended the evening with a trip up the Eiffel tower. The next day, we slept in until 9am.......yes.....but got out before most of the tourists. We walked the Champs Elysees. We ended the day at the MontMartre, the artists hill.

The funnest part of the trip was having my hubby to myself, sleeping in, enjoying a relaxing pace, eating good food and looking for souveniers for the kids.

5 comments:

Mendy said...

I am so jealous of your one-on-one trip to such a cool destination! Glad you had fun.

Jen said...

How fun you got to go to Paris! And without kids. That especially sounds wonderful. The pictures are beautiful, and I'm glad you had a good time. I found Parisians to be much nicer than people in DC. :)

jbel said...

so glad you got to go to Paris
we recently did a get away sans kids for the same amount of time. I enjoyed it for the same reasons you mentioned. ah ... life before kids
so does it look like you guys will leave Germany without deploying after all?

Cami said...

BEAUTIFUL! WONDERFUL! MARVELOUS! VERY PARISIAN!

I'm glad you got out. Look at YOUR little trip away vs. mine. I had a FAKE Eiffel Tower, you had a real one. :)

Deb said...

paris? without kids? it does sound heavenly. :)

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive