Friday, March 25, 2011

The honesty of little girls

Good thing we have daughters.....otherwise how would we know truth?

Sadie has been concerned about the appearance of moles on her face. Recently we started calling them "beauty marks." I pointed out to her, that I have several and I find them quite attractive. Also, there are people who paint them on their face on purpose, because they are so cute.

During church on Sunday, Sadie drew a picture of me. To further underscore our recent discussions on moles, I instructed Sadie to "include my beauty marks" on the portrait. She did. Then she continued to make tiny dots all over my two dimensional nose. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"You have tons of black dots all over your nose. I need to make those too. Ohh....and I forgot the hairs on your arms....."

I guess the lesson was learned. Maybe I need a reminder or two though......

Any suggestions on a pleasant way to rename "blackheads?"

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Very funny! Oh the honesty!

Cami said...

HA! A neighbor girl used to say I had red freckles all over my face. That's nicer than "zits" I suppose.

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive