Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The kids have been saying the funniest things lately. I am writing them down to read on those hard, not-so-cute days. Some of the comments I posted on facebook, so you might recognize them.

Taylor: "Mom can I play Micah's DS?"
Me: "No Taylor, you have played enough video games today."
Taylor: "But, Why mom?"
Me: "It is time to play in the toy room."
Taylor (as his face brightens): "Okay, mom I can do that. I will play the DS in the toy room."

Micah I had a conversation about his teacher getting mad.
Micah: "Oh she NEVER yells. She just has one of those quiet, gentle voices that make you feel guilty."

Sadie and I talking about her Kindergarten teacher
Sadie: "All that Ms. B does all day is micromanage us. Then we go outside for recess and micromanage each other."
I don't think I knew what micromanaging meant at 6.......

Taylor; "Why do we call the bathroom 'bathroom,' there is no bath in there? I am going to call it the potty room."

While cleaning her play kitchen, Sadie stacked the pots and pans in the toy sink and sighed, "the dishes are piling up, mom..... but I am going to put them off until morning." Ahh...the burdens of make-believe.
As I informed the kids what our plan was for the day (going to the dentist), Taylor perked up, "is that where we feed the animals?" Sorry Taylor, it is not.....

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow to micromanage! I think I learned what that was when I was like 25.:) Very funny!

jbel said...

ah, so darn cute!!! so did you see my blog? we're movin'

Cami said...

OH what a bummer. To think you're going to the petting zoo and end up at the dentist! The life of a child. AND all those imaginary dishes . . .

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive