Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

We had a pleasant week.  The sun came out and charmed us.  The kids has only half-days most of the week.  We spent a lot of time out doors at the park, made it to the library and prepared for Easter.

On Friday, I decided it was time to get Easter basket fillers.  Taylor was out of school, so I decided to make him a part of the adventure.  "Let's go play Easter bunny,"  I said.

Taylor answered with silence.

"Doesn't that sound fun?"  I added.

"Is that a game or something?"  He asked.

"No,"  I preceded to tell the news that the Easter bunny is not real and it has been me all along.

Again, silence....

"Did you dress like an Easter bunny and give us our baskets?  Did you shop for our candy at night. What do you mean you where the Easter bunny?"  Taylor was so confused.

I explained it again gave greater details, no costume, bought the candy when they were at school, hid the baskets in the closet until it was Easter morning.  Why did I decide the break the news this year?  I had forgotten how easily Taylor believes in Santa, and obvious the Easter bunny.

"Playing Easter bunny means we get to get the baskets ready for the other kids.  Don't you want to help me pick out the candy?  Do you think you can keep a secret?"

Disappointed, Taylor sighed, "Why didn't you keep it a secret?"

Sorry, bud......

Later on in the week, I decided to ask the kids if they know the meaning of Easter.  Sadie and Taylor were part of the conversation.

Taylor answered, "I think it has something to do with, you know, Jesus,"  he leaned in whispering.

Sadie jumped in the conversation, "No, no......isn't it when all the animals were created?"

I shook my head.

"Okay, Okay, I know, it was when that guy in Egypt, saw a burning bush and became a prophet?"

Again I shook my head, and thought, well, it looks like we need a little review.

Later, Greg gave them a short lesson on the events of the first Easter.  They talked about Jesus being resurrected and that we will all be resurrected.

Taylor with a desperate look on his face, "Oh, no.  I think I said something wrong."

Greg reassured him that it is okay to be wrong sometimes.....

"I told my primary teacher that I saw great Grandma Widdison being resurrected....."

1 comment:

jbel said...

ha,ha,ha ... that is awesome!

About Us

Bechhofen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany

Blog Archive