
Sadie's preschool in conjunction with the Catholic church in town had a gathering to celebrate St Martn's day. We met at the church for a Mass and presentation by the kids. There were poems, songs and scome scripture. We then walked to the preschool carrying lanterns.

When we arrived there was a fire to warm us up and to keep the kids interested. They had free pretzels for the kids and brats for the adults. Yum....

The fire was pretty big and warm. It collasped onto itself after burning for a while. It caused quite a stir and scared Micah. He took off into the bushes....poor kid.

The lanterns. Sadie made hers in preschool and I bought Micah's.

This is the church were we had the mass.

Micah was mad that his lantern bulb didn't work. We had a great time. I was happy walking with a bunch of Germans. Greg was happy with a brat in one hand, stairing at the enormous fire. The kids loved the pretzels.......
9 comments:
You all look like you are enjoying the culture. well, all except for Micah in that last one. :-) I will tell Alex that he was thinking about him, and that is why he looks so sad
How fun to experience different traditions. Looks so fun.
I would be happy with a Brat anyday!!
Nici--every picture and paragraph about Germany looks and sounds like you guys are having such a fabulous time! What a special opportunity for you to once again, become fluent in German. Your kids will also gain so much of the language at a young age. Greg is bound to as well and if not--he can just put a brat in his mouth and nod his head!
Yes I think Adrian would quite enjoy a huge fire and a brat too - sounds very mannish!:) Looks like you guys are having lots of fun experiences!
so when you mentioned that the kids had pretzels and the adults had brats ... I read it as the adults had brats, as in misbehaved children. ha! goes to show how uncultured I am.
Man, I would love that. My boys would LOVE the fire :)
something for everyone, eh? sounds fun. we need more holidays with giant bonfires in the u.s.
Your kids are so cute and you look great Nic!!!!! What fun adventures you are having too...glad we can share them together across the world!
Post a Comment