
Can you guess where we went? We drove five hours north to den Haag, Holland. We visited a very touristy, very beautiful area with everything dutch you could want: Windmills, cheese, wood shoes, dutch pancakes. The weather was beautiful and it wasn't too crowded.

There are five working windmills imported to this area.


Outside of the wood shoe museum.


Near the beach. It was very windy and did you know when the clouds are moving in the sky and you look up at tall buildings, they look like they are falling on your head? That is what we are doing in this picture.....kind-of creepy.

Seeking refuge at the lighthouse. I really wanted to walk to the lighthouse, along the beach. We attempted it a couple of times, but it was sooooo windy and storm clouds were brewing. Finally, we made it, but only after getting sandblasted from the wind blowing on the beach. We decided to walk home through the town, instead. We came home with salty hair, and sand coating our faces. I am still washing sand out of the kids hair.......

At the beach.....we thought we might swim, until we got a good dose of the wind. We went and bought some kites instead. It was a great plan B.

The storm clouds threatened us the whole trip, but they certainly didn't ruin the trip.
6 comments:
What amazing places you are seeing! Our last summer trip was to Florida. I think I'd rather go where you did!
Wow, you guys take the coolest trips. I love all the windmills, and the huge shoes are hilarious. I'm glad the kids enjoyed it.
looks like fun. did you get wooden shoes for the kids?
i love the comment about sand in the kids' hair. so true ... it takes FOREVER to get it out!
It looks like GREAT fun. Love the shoe pics. Very funny.
how lovely! holland is on my list of places i want to visit!
That first Holland pic looks like Nicole and the three grouches. Long car ride...?
Post a Comment